Free Course: The Spring Framework March 2015
ETS, together with Next Century Corporation, will be offering a full free course on the Spring Framework. This course is normally offered through ETS' professional training division, coreservlets.com, but will be offered at no charge for this promotional event.
The course will cater to working professionals and will take place across several early evening sessions in the Annapolis Junction area. Lectures on the various modules of Spring will be given from 4:30pm - 6:30pm. Students will receive a flash drive with a Virtual Machine that contains corresponding exercises that they may do at home. Exercises will not be collected or graded, but students may contact the instructor or bring laptops to the sessions to work through questions having to do with the assignments.
Student will receive:
- Six evenings of lecture, from 4:30pm-6:30pm covering the major components of the Spring Framework
- A Virtual Machine containing all lectures, exercise documents, and course workspace for students to code and reinforce lecture concepts
- Opportunities to interact with the course instructor to answer questions about at home exercises and general Spring knowledge
Covered topics include:
- Introduction to Spring
- The Spring IoC Container
- Simple types and Constructor Resolution
- Advanced Bean Configuration
- Aspect Oriented Programming through Annotations
- Aspect Oriented Programming through XML Configuration
- Data Persistence with JDBC
- Data Persistence with ORM
- Transaction Management
- Spring MVC
- Location: Sessions will be held in a location in the Annapolis Junction area (National Business Parkway / Technology Drive)
- Dates/Times: Tuesday and Thursday evenings, from 4:30pm - 6:30pm starting Tuesday March 10th
- Cost: Free
- Registration: Availability is on a first-come, first serve basis. Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to register for the course. Please also indicate how you learned about the course. You will receive a confirmation within 24 hours providing additional details.
- Prerequisites: The course assumes that all students already have at least moderate previous Java experience, but not necessarily any experience with the Spring Framework. Although the course will use Java 6, previous experience with earlier Java versions is sufficient. However, the course will definitely move too fast for those with little or no previous experience with Java.
- Questions: You may contact us with questions about this event at email@example.com
All course material including, but not limited to exercises, documents, powerpoints, code, and virtual machines are owned and copyrighted by coreservlets.com and may not be used for commercial training courses except when taught by coreservlets.com